I would like to introduce my family!
Front row: Frankie Craig, Dean Craig, and Charlie Craig (my father)
Second Row: Joe Craig, Charles Pleasant, Thelma Craig Pleasant, Dorothy Craig, Margie Craig and                          Herman Craig
Back Row: (My grandparents) Sam Craig and Eva Gertrude Rivers Craig holding the youngest child Jerry Craig

I know that it isn't the best photo in the world...but it's the only one I have with all of the family. Grandma and grandpa got married in the early 20's. Their oldest child, my aunt Thelma was born in 1923 and the youngest son was born in 1947.  They would go on to have a total of four daughters and six boys.Nine of the children reached adulthood, a little girl died at the age of three.

The oldest two daughters would grow up and leave the small town where they were raised. The oldest sister raised her family in Norfolk, Virginia and the middle sister would end up in California, far from the piney woods of Louisiana. The youngest daughter moved an hour away from home, so although she had moved to a larger community, she was still close. All 6 boys would continue to live close to home. Four stayed in their small hometown of Zwolle and the other two moved with fifteen miles of their parents.

All but my aunt in California are deceased. All that's left now are the memories!

Please comment if you have any suggestions on my blog and ways to make it better! I'd love to hear from you!

Ruth


Comments

  1. This is such a wonderful photo. I would recommend joining the Photo Restoration Free Service group on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/134089711030/ and posting the photo there. I'll bet they can enhance it to make it even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just asked to join the restoration group. I'll be excited to see what they can do with the photo of my dad's family!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Rivers and del Rio Surname Connection

Sam Charles Craig: Through the Eyes of a Daughter!